LOBSTER PRESENTS FIRST ROUND OF INNOVATION AWARDS.
The Lobster Group has conferred its first ever Company-internal Innovation Award. Three pioneering ideas, designed to improve the customer experience, increase efficiency and bring economic strategies in line with environmental goals, were selected and each awarded one of three staggered prizes. What sets this award apart is that it honours concepts that don’t relate to an area inherent to the employee’s actual job description. What’s more, at time of submission the innovative idea should have proven so popular that it should already have been implemented to great success The aim of the award is to encourage Lobsteranians to think outside the box, incentivise personal growth and harness in-house innovation to the benefit of the Lobster Group as a whole.
THE WINNERS OF THE 2022 INNOVATION AWARD ARE:
1st Prize – ‘Smart swarm’ to help streamline Lobster’s Support structure
submitted by Alexander Bez (Support)
- Objective: improve the customer experience
- Strategy: replace the current Support structure with a ‘One ticket – one ticket owner’ policy, rather than the conventional three-level support system
- Advantages: one point of contact for customers, increased commitment, continued learning for Support employees, high transparency through swarming and timely closing of tickets
2nd Prize – ‘Container as a test environment’ to simplify the Lobster_data installation process
submitted by Bernhard Schubel (Support)
- Objective: increase efficiency
- Strategy: implement a container-based test environment based on custom requirements with adaptable directories and daily deletion of all containers (15 MB residual memory usage) without losing user data
- Advantages: less memory needed per installation, automatic cleaning, replacing the need for manual changes, individual modifications without impacting other test systems, test environment accessible in only five minutes rather than the two-hour installation needed using the previous approach
3rd Prize – ‘Carbon offsetting’ as a new offering from the logistics.cloud platform
submitted by Marcel Grimmbacher (Ecosystems and Strategic partnerships, LLC)
- Objective: balance economic strategies with environmental goals
- Strategy: giving platform participants the option to precisely calculate the carbon footprint of their shipments and check shipment-specific climate requirements, introducing a selection of suitable carbon offsetting projects and convenient invoicing of associated charges together with the customer’s subscription fee
- Advantages: further diversification of LLC’s offering, climate protection contribution and consolidation of LLC’s brand image as a green logistics platform.
Image source: PopTika/shutterstock